Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tomorrow is....

Wow!!! Is all I can say, can you believe that it's already time for Christmas break? Where has the time gone, tomorrow is the kids' last day of school for the year 2008. It's exciting to see the kids so eager for Christmas, but for break too. I'm starting to realize that even though it's sometimes tough on parents, kids need time to just be kids, even if it's just hanging out. :D

In the same breathe though it's been tough on our Christmas decorations. Cyril the holy terror has been so curious this year in not only touching the lights, but he has to see and touch all the ornaments, the stockings, the window clings, the everything. It's been a lot of times of saying grrrr, No David No (hmmm sounds like a book that I know. lol) time outs and just inward eye rolls. lol. It's tough because it's just a temporary stage and I want to enjoy it, but it's tough trying to enjoy his curiosity at the cost of our Christmas decorations. lol.

The snow has been gorgeous and plentiful this December. Part of me wants to shout from the rooftops: WOOOHOOO!!! I've missed the snowy winters of the UP, not the cold mind you, just the snow. I love looking out during a snowfall, the ones with the big flakes or just after one. The whole world looks so clean, and quiet. Isn't it amazing how quiet everything becomes after a snowfall, even if it's just for a moment? It's almost like a clean slate is given to us every snow fall, till the cars start driving again. lol.

But then when I tell my loving husband what I think the perfect winter would be (which by the way is: Snow every day in December, and January. No fresh snow in February or March, and it's gone by April.) he's like "Do you know how hard that makes my job?!" I just can't help wanting that, but I'm grinning or giggling when we're talking about it.

I more then likely won't enter anything for the next couple of days, because of Christmas. We will be traveling lots between Grandma and Nana's house. Hmmm, maybe I should google the song "Grandma's house we go" since the kids grandma lives in the country. lol. Don't think Jessie would go for that song the entire drive up there. lol. :D

God Bless all the travelers on this glorious holiday.

No comments: