Things aren't slowing down by any means...not sure if that's a good thing at this point or not. I'll have to let you know. Dawn had her 1st parade this past Saturday. She was so nervous about being able to do everything: playing the piece and marching at the same time. From what I'm told she did WONDERFUL! Why - did I not see it, you may wonder? Well, because we were in the wrong spot. We were at the beginning of the parade which was my plan, but we were in the WRONG spot. lol. We got to see all the great floats, but the bands were at a different spot, due to the parade officials having them merge further down the route then where we were. Both Dawn and I were extremely disappointed that the boys and I didn't get to see her. Later this week, she will have another parade that she'll be in. The boys and I are leaving with the band, so that I know exactly where they are beginning, this time. lol. I'm a Band mom, so I'm learning...is there a learning curve as a band parent?
Mother Nature is upsetting my schedule and plans for this summer. Seriously - enough with the rain...or can we at least have it at night? I haven't been able to finish planting the garden, and I'm starting to have some serious doubts if I will ever be able to get it all done. Especially because we will be out of town this weekend and with the rain never seems to stop, my days are numbered if not already up. The kids are starting to be affected by the rain too, since there have been more days then not where they've been couped up in doors. My kids and 2 of my daycare kids - trashed the daycare room downstairs today, from all of the playing...but I'll worry about that tomorrow as the saying goes. It was just nice not to listen to the yelling or the arguing between the kids. I actually had the living room to myself with Gordon and my daycare boy Mr. E. It was cute watching Mr. E explore the living room without the other kids around. The weather man says that tomorrow is the last day of rain for the week, that remains to be seen.
Speaking of schedules, my mother and I are implementing a new schedule with my kids this week, well even the older daycare kids will be in on this as well. The kids have "school" time for 1-2hrs every day, with the exception of Friday. The older two work on math and reading skills for that time, while the little ones will be continue to do their colors, fine motor skills and etc. The older kids will also get some of their chores done in the morning as well. We are getting tough on the older kids this summer in regards to their manners, and snotty attitude. The more disrespectful they are, the more chores they have. Mom is starting to really see what the older two have been doing, and wants to help me correct it. I'm thankful for the help. When Jessie is home the kids aren't even close to being this way with him. So we'll see at the end of summer what the results are of this new schedule...
God Bless~
Monday, June 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment