Thursday, July 22, 2010

Dragonfly camp

"Dragonfly" tree at "dragonfly" camp

Jessie and the kids made it back from camping yesterday safe and sound.  The kids were so excited to tell me all about their adventures, that they got in trouble for not helping to unload the truck. lol. One of the favorite stories was to tell me all about the dragonflies that were around.  So for us, this campground will be forever called "Dragonfly camp." I told them it was my way of making sure they knew that Mommy and Nana were with them in spirit. As everyone knows I love dragonflies.

Jessie told me of one part of their day, he was making a meal ( I can't remember what time of day it was) and there were tons of dragonflies in the tree, behind him, it got very loud all of a sudden when they all took off. I would have loved to have seen that.

Spencer got the biggest fish of the whole trip. He got a Northern. He was pretty excited. When considering that was the 2 or 3rd time that he's gone fishing, I would be too.  It sounds like everyone got some fish - which makes the trip even better.  Jessie was a little disappointed that they weren't able to go to his favorite spot on the lake whenever he goes there to fish. He said that spot isn't available anymore. So he'll have to find a new spot.

It was nice last night having the kids tell me all their stories.  Cyril was so excited to have the kids home, he wouldn't leave Spencer or Dawn alone.  He was wrestling Spencer everytime you turned around, to bad that Spencer didn't want to wrestle. It was equally nice to have all of my babies under 1 roof again, and under my wing.  To bad the sibling love and getting along between the older two didn't last long. (3hours and 15 minutes to be exact.)

Jessie had to go back to work today, but thankfully he'll be back Friday night. It's going to be a busy weekend this weekend. We have 3 birthday parties to go too, along with some friends coming up for the weekend.  I'm so excited for this weekend. I haven't seen my friend in forever, we've both added to our families since the last time we got together. It's going to be a blast. :)

God Bless~

No comments: